The process of making a Brand Positioning Map

On another business session during the face to face studying that I really enjoyed we did a Brand Positioning Map. The Brand Positioning Map is a chart where you can see the evidence of a brand career, so there are four categories : prestige price, mass market, exclusivity and a affordability. According to the task, I needed to put the brands according to their price and segment into the right place.

So, I made my Brand Positioning Map according to my business idea. I’ve chosen the most popular cosmetics brands that are suitable for each category. I was very happy to explore each of these brands, that was a very gripping process.

To start with, let’s look at the Prestige Price: for that category, I have chosen MAC Cosmetics and Charlotte Tilbury. From my perspective, those beauty brand are very successful but have a prestige price.

Talking about the Exclusivity : I thought that it would be great to put Benefit cosmetics, Clinique cosmetics, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna ( you can find more detailed information in the primary research via shop reports) and the Huda Beauty cosmetics.

The third part is Affordability: I’ve decided to put there a Clarins Paris Cosmetics and a Too Faced Cosmetics. From my point of view, they have a similar marketing strategy and those brand are affordable.

And the last part is a Mass-Market: in this category, I’ve put Maybelline New York Cosmetics, NYX Cosmetics and L’oreal Paris Cosmetics. Those brands are in the middle with normal quality and an affordable price.